Review - The Manor in West Orange, NJ

The Manor in West Orange, NJ

Hello! I have no idea how you ended up here. You must've gone pretty deep into the Google results. Good for you! But please keep in mind this was written and published in 2009 and is most likely pretty out of date information! I'm still a photographer though, and you can still check me out at johngallino.com

I gotta say I was very impressed with The Manor last night. The place is big, inside and out, but the banquet room I was in was best suited for around 150 guests at most. I know there are other rooms, but I'm not sure which is the biggest. Outside, The Manor's grounds feature beautiful gardens, tulip-lined brick pathways, a gazebo, a fountain, a very nice area for outdoor ceremonies, patio areas for your guests to relax, the works.

Be aware that the place often has more than one event going on at a time, so you may need to share the space with another bride. Once inside, the guests had to walk downstairs to the basement level for the wedding I attended, but both the cocktail room and main room are designed well enough that you forget you have no real windows.

The place is a restaurant that boasts "Fine Dining" right under its logo, so I was happy that the food did not disappoint. The room is quite narrow and long, with the band and dance floor at one end and the sweetheart table at the opposite end on a slightly higher level, overlooking the guests below. It's not a very traditional layout, but it seemed to work well. Entertainment was provided by the very talented Good Times Band, who kept the dance floor full despite their distance from the guests. Boy, can that Cathy sing! I would not hesitate to recommend The Manor to anyone looking to have a traditional, elegant spring wedding in north Jersey.


See some photos after the jump!








If you found this review helpful, or you have a personal story to tell about this place, please leave a comment!


And check out my work at www.johngallino.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment